Challenger 605 Pilot Initial/Transition Training
Pilot In Command
Depending on experience, a PIC Type Rating can be accomplished during an initial, transition, or upgrade course.
Airline Transport Pilot
The practical test leading to initial issue of a FAA ATP Certificate may be accomplished concurrently with any PIC Type Rating Course. The individual must meet ATP qualification requirements and present acceptable documentation of flight experience prior to the practical test.
Second in Command
A Type Rating limited to SIC privileges only may be obtained at the conclusion of any course in accordance with Part 61.55.
Initial/Transition Courses provide the knowledge and skills necessary to meet or exceed the performance criteria set by the various regulatory authorities (FAA, JAA, Transport Canada, or ICAO). The pilot demonstrates mastery of the aircraft with the outcome of a procedure, maneuver, or operation never in doubt.
Minimum requirements for Initial/Transition Courses include a Private Pilot Certificate with Airplane Multiengine Land and Instrument Ratings. The pilot must have separately met the high-altitude endorsement requirement of 14CFR 61.31(g)(1).
Mandatory Pilot Security Requirements
United States security regulations prohibit aviation training companies from providing training in the operation of an aircraft without prior approval. As a minimum, a pilot entering any flight training program at Customer Training DFW or a pilot entering a FAA flight training program at the Montreal Customer Training Centre must provide proof of citizenship and meet current TSA requirements.
As security requirements are subject to change, please contact Bombardier Aircraft Services Customer Training for current information and requirements. For Dallas/Fort Worth, call 469-791-4200 or 1-888-679-4200. For Montreal, call 514-344-6620 or 1-877-551-1550.
Aircraft Type Offered
- Challenger 605
- 3 weeks
Course DatesView our Calendar for course dates.
eLearning CoursesThe following eLearning Courses are available with this course:
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast Out (ADS-B) Training
- Challenger 604 Cold Weather Operations
- Challenger 604/605 Preflight Inspection Walkaround Video
- Challenger 604/605 Steep Approach
- Challenger 605 Interiors Familiarization for Operators eLearning Course
- Challenger 605 LINK2000+ Training
- Challenger 605 LPV/WAAS
- Challenger 605 Pro Line 21 Trainer
- Fatigue Risk Management
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- High Altitude
- Performance Airspace
Training ePublicationsA one year subscription to the following ePublications is provided with this course:
Technical PublicationsThe following publications are included with your initial training. To gain access to the CIC website please click here.
- Challenger 605 Airplane Flight Manual
- Challenger 605 Flight Crew Operating Manual Volume 1
- Challenger 605 Flight Crew Operating Manual Volume 2
- Challenger 605 Quick Reference Handbook Volume 1
- Challenger 605 Quick Reference Handbook Volume 2
Reference PublicationsThe following publications are included with your training. To gain access to the Rockwell Collins website please click here.
- Challenger 605 Collins FMS-6000 Operators Guide
- Challenger 605 Collins Proline 21 Avionics System with IFIS Pilot Guide