Challenger 604/605 Initial Type Course
This 3-week (15-day) course provides the client with in-depth instruction on all aspects of the aircraft, including engine ground operations procedures.
The Initial Type Course furnishes the experienced technician with sufficient information to carry out the required maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting necessary to certify continued airworthiness of the aircraft.
Practical training includes sessions in the Challenger 604 Level 5 flight training device (FTD), Challenger 605 Virtual trainer and the 605 Maintenance Diagnostic Systems / Proline 21 desktop simulators.
This ATA 104 Level 3 course meets Transport Canada (TC), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Part 147 (B1), and Civilian Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) training requirements for the Challenger 604 aircraft. The course exceeds Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) guidelines for IA Renewal, Maintenance Awards Program, repair station, and FAR 135 certificates for the Challenger 604/605 aircraft.
Optional training is available upon request and availability such as:
- Engine Run Refresher training is carried out in the Challenger 604 Level 5 flight training device (FTD). Course length is 4 hours with a maximum 2 students.
- Engine Run (advanced) training consists of classroom briefings and practical training sessions in the Challenger 604 FTD. Course length is 2 days with a maximum 2 students.
- Taxi training consists of a one-hour classroom briefing and a two-hour practical training session in the 605 full-flight simulator (FFS). Course length is 3 hours with a maximum 2 students.
Customized and onsite training are also available. Contact Customer Service for more information
Aircraft Type Offered
- Challenger 604/605
- 15 days
Course DatesView our Calendar for course dates.
eLearning CoursesThe following eLearning Courses are available with this course:
Training ePublicationsA one year subscription to the following ePublications is provided with this course:
Technical PublicationsThe following publications are included with your initial training. To gain access to the CIC website please click here.
- 604 Ground Handling and Service Information (GHSI)
- 605 Ground Handling and Service Information
Reference PublicationsThe following publications are included with your training. To gain access to the Rockwell Collins website please click here.
- Challenger 604 Avionics System Diagnostic Guide
- Challenger 605 Avionics System Diagnostic Guide
- Challenger 605 Collins FMS-6000 Operators Guide